MAY 31 – AFI – AUDITION TECHNIQUE FOR THE WORKING ACTOR
You want to blow away the casting team with your audition, but how do you do that? How do you make sure that you stand out in an audition yet still remain true to the story? What are directors, writers, producers and casting directors really looking for in an audition? These and other questions will be addressed in Michael’s proven approach to the audition process. While the class is open to everyone, a few attendees will be asked to volunteer to work at the front of the room. If you are interested in working, please bring an audition scene you have prepared and an extra copy for a reader. Whether you work or not, you will come away from this workshop with renewed confidence and skills to book the job.
DATE: Tuesday, May 31st
LOCATION: American Film Institute
Mayer Library Building, Mark Goodson Screening Room
2021 N Western Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE
JUNE 8 – 4 WEEK AUDITION TECHNIQUE CLASS
This class admits only 8 students.
The focus will be to build on each individual’s skills needs no matter what level, and transform blocks that keep you from acing the audition.
You will learn how to:
* break down the text and understand the story quickly
* find the character
* bring your artistry and authenticity to the audition
* understand what casting directors, writers, directors are wanting
* free yourself from the burden of memorization and “getting it perfect”
* bring more enjoyment to the audition process
* handle hard to choreograph auditions i.e. fights, groups, driving, intimacy)
* and more… class content will be added according to class member needs
DATES: 4 Wednesdays June 8th – June 29th
LOCATION: Miracle Mile, 6th/LaBrea
TO REGISTER AND FOR MORE INFO email: info (at) michaeldcohen (dot) com